What is the Northwest Territories Community Futures Association?
In January 1999, the 6 existing Community Futures organizations of the NWT formed and incorporated the Northwest Territories Community Futures Association (NWTCFA).
The association now works on behalf of all 6 CFs in the NWT. Its primary roles are:
- to foster increased communication between CFs
- represent the CFs in a common voice
- to advocate the benefits of its members to government, non-government organizations and the general public
- facilitate the education and training of its organizations' staff and volunteer board members
- to negotiate strategic partnerships with prospective organizations on behalf of its members.
The association's goal is to improve each CF's ability to provide their clients with the services they need.
For more information, please contact the Community Futures Office in your region.
Click one of the six community links on the map to find out more about the Community Futures office in each Region.